Bachelor of Interior Design (BID)
Interior Design is one of the many professional fields which have made their way strongly over a period of a few years. Many renowned universities around the world have launched the bachelor degree programs in this discipline. The program typically teaches students to creatively design and handle residential and commercial spaces. Throughout the course of studies, students participate in studio sessions, learning to solve design issues for a variety of settings. An environment is created at the studio where individuals can develop their ability to apply design thinking resulting in a creative and purposeful interior environment.
The program is designed to give participants the knowledge and skill set to display their abilities as a competent space planner and decorator. During their stay of 4 years at Interior Design Department, they extensively expose themselves to latest concepts and new technological approaches to interior design. They study ongoing trends and learn to develop their individual identity as interior designers. The key objectives of the program cover the following:
- Ability to rapidly visualize concepts through sketching
- Ability to plan a space and create an ambiance
- Ability to understand and present interior design concept in 2D and 3D formats
- Complete interior design project in a professional manner using all the tools required
- Understand sustainability issues
- Understand the building and architectural codes and language
As a graduate of Bachelor of Interior Design, you can opt for career paths as interior designer, interior architect, concept visualizer, interior design course instructor and set designer.
Minimum/Maximum Duration 4/6 years
Credit Hours 129
- FA/FSc with minimum 50% marks or Equivalence Certificate
- 50% in Matric or Equivalence Certificate
- UMT Drawing Test