Bachelor of Graphic Design (BGD)
The program focuses on learning the communication skills through the relationship of text and images. A vast range of subjects from the history of design to the modern typography equips students to creatively manage design campaign with a signature style. Learning the modern digital tools also makes them communicate better. The program focuses on concept development and application.
The Graphic Design degree program prepares the students to compete internationally while displaying their knowledge and skills of communication. They learn through various subjects about the growing graphic design industry. The key objectives of the program cover the ability to:
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills applicable to graphic design
- Communicate concepts, design solutions, and arguments clearly and concisely through visual, verbal and written means
- Demonstrate the ability to use design thinking strategies in an interactive design process
- Work in different industries displaying their skills as graphic concept artist
- Gain functional competence with principles of visual organization, including the ability to work with visual elements in two and three dimensions
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Graphic Design, you can opt for career paths as graphic designer, game concept designer, visual artist, art director, creative head, mobile phone graphics designer and web graphics designer.
Minimum/Maximum Duration 4/6 years
Credit Hours 132
- FA/FSc with minimum 50% marks or Equivalence Certificate
- 50% in Matric or Equivalence Certificate
- UMT drawing test