Bachelor of Fashion Design (BFD)
Fashion design industry, over the years, has grown into a profitable profession. The degree program focuses on the balance between the conceptual and industry related fashion design through research and development of innovative and creative fashion design practices. The challenging and engaging studio based projects help participants to explore and gain multi-layered global experience with academics and key industry figures. The creative studio environment will encourage the students to think critically and develop their own design signature style.
The program focuses on core objectives of providing the students with an integrated understanding and specialist perspective on the application of culture and professional practice in the fashion design industry. Throughout the degree course, the students are challenged to test their abilities from concept development to final execution of their design. Subjects like fashion illustrations, pattern making and cutting, sewing and stitching help participants to learn creative ways of developing their unique style in the field of fashion design. We aim to produce graduates who are creative, imaginative, innovative, versatile and competitive. This aim is achieved by:
- Producing graduates who have acquired theoretical and practical knowledge of the fashion industry
- Producing graduates with critical and analytical problem-solving skills for the fashion design industry
- Preparing students for a broad range of related employment opportunities
- Preparing students to show aesthetics and functionality at every phase of design sampling, marketing and merchandizing
- Preparing students for quality research in advanced study related to fashion design discipline
- Preparing students to handle and run fashion brands
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Fashion Design, you can opt for career paths as fashion designer, product developer, fashion manager, design manager, fashion merchandiser, and fashion brand owner.
- FA/FSc with minimum 50% marks or Equivalence Certificate
- 50% in Matric or Equivalence Certificate
- UMT Drawing Test
Minimum/Maximum Duration 4/6 years
Credit Hours 128