Bachelor of Textile Design (BTD)
Textile industry is a leading industry that contributes to the economic growth of Pakistan. The program provides students with an in-depth understanding of creation and functional utilization of various textiles. The courses of the program offer detailed and in-depth knowledge of design developing textile sculptures, surface textile design, mixed media textiles and constructed textiles fulfilling the demands of home and fashion design industries. The students complete hands-on work with various materials to make textiles such as knits, weaves, prints and color dyes. Students showcase their final thesis work through an exhibition creating an environment to attract the attention of respective industries.
The key focus of the program is to produce quality resource persons to meet the ever changing demands of the industry. Participants learn surface design techniques and their applications for home textile industry, fashion apparel fabrics and mixed media textile art. They equip themselves through extensive learning processes in studio sessions, theoretical conceptual clarity and development. The aim is achieved by:
- Providing knowledge and skill required for working invarious textile design related fields
- Developing a strong visualization power and conceptual clarity through different theoretical and practical studio based projects
- Preparing individuals to meet the ever changing competitive and technology driven work environment
- Enabling to run and manage a textile design house business
- Enabling to run and manage a retail textile business
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Textile Design, you can opt for career paths as textile designer, trend and forecasting analyst, textile design house owner, textile design brand owner, textile design retailer and textile design manufacturer.
Minimum/Maximum Duration 4/6 years
Credit Hours 127
- FA/FSc with minimum 50% marks or Equivalence Certificate
- 50% Matric or Equivalence Certificate
- UMT Drawing Test